Fiduciary Best Practices
Understand Your Responsibilities and How to Fulfill Them
Our public commitment to fiduciary best practices on behalf of you as the plan sponsor, your plan, and plan participants is based on our principles of transparency, accountability, and integrity.
We assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure your plan meets fiduciary compliance requirements and adheres to fiduciary best practices.
- Serving as a 3(38) or 3(21) fiduciary to your plan.
- Ability to manage DOL and IRS plan audits.
- Developement/implementation of policies and procedures to ensure your plan meets fiduciary compliance requirements and adheres to fiduciary best practices.
- Awareness of and competency in addressing the five key areas of fiduciary liability: 1) Regulatory Compliance, 2) Independence of Providers, 3) Integrated Investment Policy Statement, 4) Documented Investment Due Diligence, and 5) Trustee and Participant Education.
- When authorized, we provide plan participants with assistance in retirement planning and portfolio management.
Avoid Common Pitfalls to Increase Retirement Readiness
We incorporate behavioral finance concepts into plan design, participant education, and investment fund selection to help facilitate retirement readiness.
- Certified Behavioral Finance Analyst (CBFA)
- Determine if your plan acheives the 90-10-10 level? The Behavioral Finance Audit will provide answers and solutions to this and other relevant questions.
- 20 years of data indicates that, to achieve Retirement Readiness defined as an Income Replacement Ratio of at least 80%, the participant savings rate plus the employer match needs to be 10%-12%.
- Are you saving to, or through, retirement? How and why this is an important question for participants in how they address the goal of retirement readiness.
- Plan design and "information architecture" provisions that effectively deal with participant challenges of inertia, loss aversion, and myopia.
Plan Design & Consulting
Advice on Plan Types and Options That Fit Your Business
We work with you to identify, develop, and implement a retirement plan design that best targets the goals of recruiting and retention, cost efficiency, and participant retirement readiness.
- 401(k), including Roth and Safe Harbor.
- Cash Balance, Defined Benefit, and Money Purchase Pension Plans.
- Age-Weighted and Cross-Tested Profit Sharing.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Screening, Evaluation, Selection, and Monitoring of plan Service Providers.
- Managing the RFP Process.
Investment Monitoring & Guidance
Emphasize Fiduciary Compliance, Cost Efficiency, and Retirement Readiness
We will develop, implement, and manage investment processes to facilitate participant retirement readiness, cost efficiency, and fiduciary compliance.
- Draft/Monitor the Investment Policy Statement.
- Manage Investment Committee Meetings.
- Screen, Select, and Monitor Investment Options.
- Construct and Manage Risk Based Model Portfolios.
- Incorporate Information Architecture principles into Participant Investment guidance to facilitate retirement readiness.
- Implement/Manage investment strategies that minimize pension plan risk of becoming underfunded.